Deadline: December 1, 2023
The Gateway Scholarship Committee is looking to award three $1,000 scholarships to survivors of human trafficking pursuing or wishing to pursue training and education to obtain a career goal or objective.
The ideal applicant is someone who has a level of stability in their lives and is psychologically, emotionally, and physically ready to take on a rigorous program. U.S Citizens and Undocumented survivors are encouraged to apply.
All scholarship applicants must meet the following scholarship eligibility requirements.
- Must be a survivor of human trafficking – meaning you were employed with the industry as a result of force, fraud, or coercion for the ultimate gain of another.
- Must be involved in a recovery process, addiction treatment or safety program for at least six months. However, a year is preferred.
- Must have a GED or High School diploma.
Please complete the Gateway Scholarship Application below and submit the following:
- Essay: Please submit a 2-3 page (double spaced, 12- point font). Topic: Describe your passion for a particular subject, field, or career. Explain how receiving the scholarship will help you pursue your dreams and empower you to live independently.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation: Please submit 2 letters of recommendation. Letters can be written by a representative such as a case manager, social worker, counselor, director of recovery or work supervisor program that can verify preparedness to enter into an education or training program. Please find the forms here: Letters of recommendation
- Interview: An interview with the scholarship applicants will take place the week of December 11, 2023 either in person or video conferencing. You will be contacted by phone number and/or email to schedule your interview if selected.
Scholarship winners will be announced December 15, 2023.
Please submit all application requirements to one of the following:
Questions or Concerns
Please contact Dr. Roxanne Del Rio at 940-498-6245 or email@example.com with questions or concerns.
We are honored to assist you in this exciting next step as you explore possibilities in your life!
Sorry, the application deadline for this scholarship has passed.