Deadline: November 30, 2023
The Gateway Scholarship Committee is planning to award two $1,000 scholarships to Human Trafficking Survivors who wish to pursue training and education to obtain a career goal or objective.
Survivors of Human Trafficking who are successful in training and academic programs are those who have a level of stability in their lives and are psychologically, emotionally, and physically READY to take on a rigorous program. U.S. Citizens and undocumented individuals are encouraged to apply.
All scholarship applicants must meet the following scholarship eligibility requirements.
- You must be a survivor of human trafficking – meaning you were employed with the industry as a result of force, fraud, or coercion for the ultimate gain of another.
- You must be involved in a recovery process, addiction treatment or safety program for at least SIX months but preferably ONE year.
- You must have a GED or High School diploma.
Please complete the Gateway Scholarship Application below and submit the following:
- Essay: Please submit a 2-3 page (typed, double spaced, 12-point font) essay about why you are applying for this scholarship, how you think it will help you achieve your goals, and the career you wish to pursue. Essays may be uploaded in the application below.
- Two Letters of Recommendation: Please submit two letters of recommendation. Letters can be written by a representative from your Case Manager, Social Worker, Counselor, Director of Recovery or Work Supervisor program that can verify preparedness to enter into an education or training program. >DOWNLOAD RECOMMENDATION FORM
- Interview: An Interview with the Scholarship Applicants will take place the week of December 4, 2023 either in person or via video conferencing. Please be sure that the committee has your correct phone number and email address, so that they may contact you if you are selected for an interview.
Scholarship winners will be announced December 15, 2023.
Letters of recommendation may be submitted via mail or email to:
C7 Human Trafficking Coalition
Attention: Gateway to Freedom Scholarship Coordinator
306 N Loop 288 Ste 150
Denton, TX 76209-4957
Questions or Concerns
Please contact Dr. Roxanne Del Rio at 940-498-6245 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns.
We are honored to assist you in this exciting next step as you explore possibilities in your life!